Global Environment, Nature, The Universe,

observations and thoughts

by Carol Gamel



Friday, May 31, 2002

The joke of the family is that my sister and myself are turning into our mother. This is GOOD, except for her idiosynchronsies (?where is spell check?) like clipping newspaper articles. My God, I keep cutting out articles that I think Cindy would or should like to read. Help! At least I'm not piling these clippings up on my desk - - - yet. A great selling point for Blogger.com - I can just put the link into my blog and it will be preserved longer than I'll ever need it.

Like St Petersburg Times Nuclear Waste article, good journalism that everybody should read. Worrywarts like myself think about nuclear waste problems and wonder why we aren't more aggressively looking for alternatives to nuclear power so that we don't have to deal with the waste issues. Whatever happened to SOLAR energy? If you read this article you will learn that some Florida power plants are going to run out of storage space as early as 2005. Our great government is funding a storage facility in Nevada but none of the state or local governments are going to want the dangerous materials shipped through their communities. Not to mention other obvious concerns such as hijacking and terrorism. Think about it!

One clipped article now can go into the bin.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?